Email: see contact
Date of Birth: 18th May 1987
Nationality: United Kingdom
- Space Studies Programme, International Space University, 2013.
- MPhys (Hons) Physics with Astrophysics, University of Leicester, 2009.
- A-level, Skegness Grammar School, 2005 – Physics (A) Mathematics (A) Further Mathematics (A) Additional Further Mathematics (A) Chemistry (B, AS-level)
- STEM Communicator, BLOODHOUND SSC, Bristol, UK: August 2014–present
- Journalist, Intern Science Communication, European Southern Observatory, Garching bei München (Munich), Germany: January 2014- July 2014.
- Intern, Universe Awareness (UNAWE) based at Leiden University, The Netherlands: October 2013-January 2014.
- Intern, Space Generation Advisory Council based at the European Space Policy Institute, Vienna, Austria: January 2013-April 2013.
- Researcher, University of Kent: September 2009-2012
- Postgraduate Demonstrator, School of Physical Sciences, University of Kent: September 2009-2012
- South-East Physics Network (SEPnet) Outreach support, University of Kent: September 2009-2012
- Technician, Space Research Centre, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester: 30 Jun 2008 – 28 Aug 2008
- Student Associate, University of Leicester: 9 Jun 2008 – 27 June 2008
- Technician, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester: 16 Jul 2007 – 24 Aug 2007
- UK National Point of Contact, Space Generation Advisory Council, 2012-Present
- Secretary, UKSEDS, 2012-Present.
- Communications support role, Campaign for Dark Skies (CfDS), 2012- Present.
- Corresponding member, British Interplanetary Society Events Committee, October 2012-Present
- Corresponding member, British Interplanetary Society Education & Outreach Action Group, June 2012-Present
Honours, Awards & Fellowships
- UK Space Agency and European Space Agency Scholarship to attend International Space University, Space Studies Programme 2013 – Equivalent of 16,500 Euros
- Royal Astronomical Society Grant for the Space Generation Congress 2012, Naples, Italy.
- Observing time (3 nights), July 2010, European Southern Observatory (ESO) New Technology Telescope (NTT), La Silla, Chile – Co.I., YORP effect on small asteroids.
- Observing time (2 nights), April 2010, Palomar Observatory 5m Hale Telescope, California, U.S.A. – Co.I., SEPPCoN (Survey for Ensemble Physical Properties of Cometary Nuclei).
- Student Representative for the UK, selected by the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) for the IYA2009 Opening Ceremony, UNESCO, Paris, France.
- Nominated for Sir Arthur Clarke Awards, British Interplanetary Society/UK Space Conference, 2010.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Fellowship, University of Leicester, 2007, 2008.
- Magdalen Cup for Science, Skegness Grammar School, 2005.
- King Prize for Service, Skegness Grammar School, 2005.
- Windows 95/98/Millennium/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, LATEX
- Good use of IDL, Fortran, Python, GNU Plot, IRAF (Image Reductional and Analysis Facility)
- Good UNIX knowledge. Some C, C++, Perl, Q, R, MatLab.
- Some use of STK (Systems Tool Kit), QGIS, ArcGIS
- Associate Member, Royal Aeronautical Society, 2012-Present.
- Member, British Interplanetary Society, 2010-Present.
- Fellow, Royal Astronomical Society, 2007-Present.
- Associate Member, Institute of Physics, 2005-Present.
- Space Generation Fusion Forum 2013 Organising Team, January 2013-April 2013
- Team Lead, UKSEDS Asteroid Chasers, Pan-STARRS Asteroid Search Campaign (Nov-Dec 2012) & SGAC Find An Asteroid Search Campaign (Aug-Sep 2012).
- Student organiser, UK Space Conference 2009, 2010.
- Comms Officer, PLUME (Picosatellite of Leicester University Micrometeoroid Experiment), 2006.