- Journalist, Intern Science Communication, European Southern Observatory, Garching bei München (Munich), Germany: January 2014-Present.
- Vice Chair, UKSEDS, 2014-Present.
- Communications support, Campaign for Dark Skies (CfDS), 2012- Present.
- Corresponding member, British Interplanetary Society Education & Outreach Action Group, June 2012-Present.
- Member, British Interplanetary Society, 2010-Present.
- Fellow, Royal Astronomical Society, 2007-Present.
- Associate Member, Institute of Physics, 2005-Present.
- Associate Member, Royal Aeronautical Society, 2012-2014.
Past major activities*
- Intern, Universe Awareness (UNAWE) based at Leiden University, The Netherlands: October 2013-January 2014.
- Intern, Space Generation Advisory Council based at the European Space Policy Institute, Vienna, Austria: January 2013-April 2013.
- Corresponding member, British Interplanetary Society Events Committee, October 2012-March 2014.
- UK National Point of Contact, Space Generation Advisory Council, 2012-2014.
- Secretary, UKSEDS, 2012-2014.
- Student Representative for the UK, selected by the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) for the IYA2009 Opening Ceremony, UNESCO, Paris, France.
*For a complete list of activities, view my CV.
In the media and references
- Inmarsat hosting the UK Space Agency SSP13 Briefing
- University of Leicester (alma mater) – “Space scholarship for Leicester alumnus” (21st June 2013)
- Skegness Standard – “Space Project Set for Skegness Man Ryan” (27th June 2013)
- Leicester Mercury – “Place won at a space university” (29th June 2013)
- BBC Radio Lincolnshire – Online at BBCiPlayer (Broadcast 24th June 2013, link may expire)
- Space Studies Programme 2013 kicks off at the International Space University (26th June, 2013)
- April 2013 (mention) SGAC Newsletter
- SGAC Welcomes a New Intern to the Vienna Office (Jan 2013)
- “Kent astronomers observe aftermath of cosmic collision”
- Asteroid Astronomers Get Unprecedented Amount of Telescope Time
- Spring 2010, Sciences @ Kent, Vol. 3, Issue 3 – “Astronomy Student Nominated for Space ‘Oscar’”
- University of Leicester undergraduate selected as only UK student representative at launch of International Year of Astronomy – Royal Astronomical Society selects Leicester student for historic occasion
- Hardworking Pupils Reap Rewards, Skegness Standard