On Tuesday we met at La Maison de la Region once again, but this time for a special panel session – the ISU Astronaut Panel, which a long-standing highlight of SSP. It gives us participants and the public a chance to interact and engage with astronauts from different cultures and to hear of their experiences of their time in space.
This panel explored what the future holds for space travel from their differing perspectives. It comprised the following people:
- Dr. T. Dwayne McCay – Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Florida Institute of Technology
- Jean-Jacques Favier – Former CNES Astronaut, President of Blue Planet
- Chiaki Mukai – JAXA Astronaut, Director of JAXA Center for Applied Space Medicine and Human Research
- Bob Thirsk – Former Canadian Astronaut, Vice-President of Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Paolo Nespoli – Italian ESA Astronaut
- Reinhold Ewald, German ESA Astronaut